- In a bowl, mix together fresh milk and water.
- Dissolve honey and salt in the water mixture.
- In another bowl, mix together bread flour and yeast.
- Mix just until flour is hydrated. Gather and press together dough pieces to form a single mass of dough.
- Transfer dough on bench. Knead in butter.
- Continue kneading the dough until it is smooth. The dough should pass the film/windowpane test. Round the dough after kneading.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Label.
- Allow dough to ferment for 1 hour.
- Degas then divide the dough (650g per piece).
- Form each piece into a baston and elongate the piece to make sure it fits the Pullman pan length wise exactly.
- Pan dough in a greased Pullman pan. Cover with the metal lid.
- Proof dough for 45 minutes or until it is an inch below the rim of the pan.
- Bake dough at 375F for 1 hour. The finished bread should register 200F in the center.
- Remove bread from loafs pans and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Servings: 2 loaf
Related Categories: Breads,
Ingredients:Fresh milk 400ml Water 56ml Honey 30g Salt 10g Bread flour 800g Yeast, instant 10g Butter 60g