Pate Grand Mere
- Place all ingredients except eggs, vinegar, and liquid milk into a food processor and pulse until dough is a fine meal. Alternatively, mix in a mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Add the eggs and vinegar. Pulse five times.
- Place the dough into a mixer, add ¾ cup of milk. And knead for 3 to 4 consistency and add more milk if necessary.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and knead by hand until smooth; square it off. Wrap in plastic wrap and rest for 30 minutes before rolling and cutting.
- Roll out the dough and line in a butted loaf pan.
- Marinate pork and liver separately with seasonings for 30minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and sear the liver briefly in hot oil. Add the shallots and reduce the heat, deglazed with brandy, season with salt and pepper.
- Process the pork butt with liver until smooth.
- Combine the bread, milk and eggs. Add cream and seasonings. Pour the mixture with the meats and puree until fine.
- Line a terrine mold with bacon, leaving an overhang on all sides. Fill with the pate. Fold over the sides and cook in oven in a water bath for 1 hour. Chill and serve.
- Make a chimney on one side of the loaf.
- Bake in a 435 F oven for 15 minutes then turn down temperature to 350 F and continue cooking until the pate has an internal temperature of 155 F.
Servings: 1 loaf
Related Categories: Other,
Ingredients:Dough: Bread Flour 550g Butter 165g Baking powder 7g Salt 14g Powdered Milk 40g Eggs 2 each Vinegar 2 tsp Milk 1 cup Pate Mixture: Chicken Liver, cleaned 450g Pork butt, cubed 550g Bacon 350g Salt 10g Curing salt 10g Black pepper, ground 5g Bay leaf 2pcs Dried thyme 2.5g Vegetable oil 15ml Shallots, minced 65g Brandy 45ml Parsley, chopped 15g White bread, crust removed 80g Milk 125ml Eggs 2pcs Heavy cream 80ml White Pepper, ground 5g Ground Nutmeg 5g