- In a bowl, dissolve the salt and sugar in water.
- In another bowl, mix together the bread flour and yeast.
- Pour water mixture into the flour mixture.
- Mix just until flour is hydrated. Gather and press together dough pieces to form a single mass of dough.
- Transfer dough on bench. Knead in shortening.
- Continue kneading until dough is smooth. The dough should pass the film/windowpane test. Round the dough after kneading.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Label.
- Allow dough to ferment for 1 hour.
- While dough is fermenting, make filling by mixing together bread crumbs, water, and granulated sugar. Make sure that the filling tastes very sweet.
- Degas and flatten dough into a rectangle.
- Using a dough cutter, cut dough into 35g pieces.
- Round each piece and place in a line on the work bench.
- The rounding process should not exceed 5 strokes, so that the smoothened end of each dough piece would not burst.
- Bench proof the rounded dough pieces for about 10 to 15 minutes, to rest the gluten for easier make up.
- Flatten each piece of dough.
- Spread margarine and filling on top.
- Roll dough to a baston and seal the seam.
- Roll on breadcrumbs.
- Pan dough pieces on a greased tray. Cover with plastic.
- Proof dough for 30-40 minutes or until passes the indentation test.
- Bake dough pieces at 350F minutes for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Remove bread from pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve when bread has cooled slightly.
Related Categories: Breads,
Ingredients:Salt 8g Granulated sugar 50g Water 285ml Bread flour 500g Yeast, instant 4g Shortening 50g Breadcrumbs 50g Filling: Breadcrumbs 150g Granulated sugar 75g Water 20ml Margarine 150g