Pork Meatballs with Sweet & Sour Sauce
If you're already familiar with the recipe of making meatballs, then it's the same with these meatballs on the dish. The difference is that they are coated with sweet and sour sauce. The dish is perfect to serve for lunch or dinner. Even kids love eating it.Procedure:
1. In a bowl, mix ground pork, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, spring onion, carrots, salt and pepper.
2. Make batches of meat mixture by scooping each mixture on a tablespoon and form into balls.
3. Fry until they are brown on all sides.
For sweet and sour sauce:
1. Saute onion, red bell pepper, carrot, pineapple tidbits and ginger on a sauce pan.
2. Add banana ketchup, water, pineapple syrup, soy sauce and cornstarch on the sauce pan. Mix well.
3. Bring to boil until the sauce thickens.
4. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Related Categories: Meats,
Ingredients:For meatballs: 1kg ground pork 1 medium onion, chopped 1 medium carrot, chopped 1 cup breadcrumbs 1 medium egg 4 pcs spring onion, chopped salt & pepper cooking oil For sweet and sour sauce: 2 tbsp. ginger strips 1/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced 1/4 cup carrots, sliced 1/4 cup pineapple syrup 2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp water 2 tbsp. ketchup 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits