Creamy Potato and Carrot Soup with Salami and Shrimp
A bowl full of this delicious beauty should make you feel good and happy any time of the year, any time of the day. If for any reason you don’t want to use heavy cream for the ultimate silkiness, you can substitute the cream with tofu and still get great results.
- saute onion and garlic in butter
- add diced potatoes and diced carrots
- add chicken - or vegetables stock, kosher salt and cayenne pepper, simmer until vegetables are soft.
- meanwhile, saute salami julienne, small shrimp and scallions in butter, season with kosher salt and cayenne pepper, set aside.
- blend vegetables with stock until smooth.
- add heavy cream or tufu, blend again until smooth and silky, check / adjust seasoning
- ladle soup into serving bowl, top with shrimp/salami mixture
Related Categories: Soups,
Ingredients:To see all Pictures, Recipes and Links, go to www.ChefsOpinion.org