- boil tamarind in water until the shell shows cracks.
- let cool then peal off the shells and with a strainer, pour tamarind (including water) into a bowl.
- gently massage the tamarind meat off the seeds, strain again.
- in a pot, saute garlic and onion.
- add pork and fish sauce then add the rice wash.
- bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes then add the taro.
- continue to simmer for 15 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- add the horse radish and simmer for 10 minutes then add the string beans, spinach and chili ( for spice optional)
- let boil for 2 minutes.
Related Categories: Family Recipes,
Ingredients:1 kl. pork, cut into chunks 2 onions, diced 5 cloves of garlic, minced 100 grams kangkong (river spinach) 100 grams string beans 2 pcs horse radishes, sliced 3 pcs gabi(taro), pealed 2 pcs chili( green finger pepper) 200 grams sampalok(tamarind) 3 tbsp of fish sauce 1 liter of rice wash or water