- heat oil in a frying pan, saute the garlic and onions.
- add chicken strips. cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- add vegetables and stir-fry for about 5-10 minutes,
- season with salt, pepper and sugar, simmer for another minute
- set aside and let it cool.
- in a saucepan, pour the water and brown sugar, bring to boil.
- dilute the cornstarch in water and pour in the saucepan.
- add soya sauce and and salt, mix well until the mixture gets thick.
- add minced garlic and salt in water.
- on a plate, place a piece of wrapper,
- place a lettuce leaf in the center of a wrapper.
- add 2 tbsp of filling and place over the lettuce leaf.
- fold bottom of wrapper over filling; wrap one side over filling and roll to the other side
- pour the sauce over the wrapped and garnish with minced garlic in water.
Related Categories: Vegetables,
Ingredients:filling: - 1 cup chicken - 1 medium size onion - 3 cloves of garlic - 1 bunch lettuce - 1 cup carrots, thin strip - 1 cup green beans, cut diagonally - 1 cup jicama (singkamas), thin strip - 1 cup heart of palm, thin strip - 1 tbsp sugar - cooking oil - salt and pepper Sauce: - 2 cups water - 1/2 cup brown sugar - 3 tbsp soya sauce - 3 tbsp cornstarch - 3 tbsp water - pinch of salt Toppings: - 5 gloves of garlic - 4 tbsp water - pinch of salt Lumpia wrapper to cover all ingredients